From: Markus Brischke <zoke-gentoo@××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Gentoo frequently unanswered questions (FUQ)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 06:16:41
1 Quoting Cedric Veilleux (cedric@×××××××.com):
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > There are probably may ways to achieve this, but what I prefer is to create
5 > a portage tree in my home directory with my ebuilds. Something like
6 > portage/distfiles/somepackage.tar.gz
7 > portage/net-mail/qmail-hack/qmail-hack-1.0.ebuild
8 > ...
9 >
10 > Then all I have to do is "tar xzf myports.tar.gz portage" and then I can
11 > distribute the tarball or extract it in my own portage tree. I don't care if
12 > an emerge --clean rsync deletes it since I can easily re-extract it later..
13
14 Thanks for your answer. That is a possible solution, but i think it's
15 not really elegant, because you keep the same data twice. Also if you
16 have the "master" ebuildfiles in your home and you do a change you have
17 always to copy the into the portage tree.
18
19 In a first view i thought about making similar symlinks. But that is not
20 elegant either. What i will soon test is to put the official tree into a
21 special directory and only this one will be synced. I will soon comment
22 this :)
23
24 Thanks for all
25