From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Developer Retirements
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:29:59
1 On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:21 AM, Pierre-Yves Rofes <py@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, March 10, 2009 7:07 am, Duncan wrote:
3 >> Gordon Malm <gengor@g.o> posted
4 >> 200903091617.48682.gengor@g.o, excerpted below, on Mon, 09 Mar
5 >> 2009 16:17:48 -0700:
6 >>
7 >>> There is an important security aspect to retiring folks - commit
8 >>> abilities. Perhaps in the case a dev wants to contribute but cannot in
9 >>> the near future their commit privs can just be revoked until such time
10 >>> they ask for them to be turned back on? I guess that would be an
11 >>> 'extended devaway' ?
14 > [...]
15 >
16 >> We don't want some still active authorization and key
17 >> from two years ago getting stolen and used to try to slip a bad commit
18 >> under the radar [...]
19 >
20 > With some devs reviewing gentoo-commits@, I highly doubt that this commit
21 > could go unnoticed more than a few hours.
22
23 really? cause I bet I could slip something in; now I'm motivated to try ;p
26 > --
27 > Pierre-Yves Rofes
28 > Gentoo Linux Security Team