From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Developer Retirements
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:48:16
1 On Tuesday 10 of March 2009 16:29:56 Alec Warner wrote:
2
3 > > With some devs reviewing gentoo-commits@, I highly doubt that this commit
4 > > could go unnoticed more than a few hours.
5
6 > really? cause I bet I could slip something in; now I'm motivated to try ;p
7
8 I somewhat share the view that's rather easy to slip some parts in stream of
9 commits.
10
11 Would it be possible to introduce some kind of *commit*/*ebuild* *reviewing*
12 *system*?
13 So that every change to tree would need to be somewhat approved by anyone else
14 - just to provide extra pair of eyes to catch early some silly, obvious,
15 unnecessary or very tricky parts of code. It could be quite cheap to introduce
16 and yet not-demotivating step to increase overall quality.
17
18 I bet it's a practice already by some developers but it would be nice if it
19 could be introduced as a rule for everyone (possibly requiring some GLEP).
20 Personally I don't find it at all humiliating if someone is capable of QA my
21 code - I actually very appreciate it, and I guess most developers do.
22
23 Should I start separate thread?
26 regards
27 MM