From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] gtk/gtk2/gtk3 USE flag situation
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 16:35:31
1 On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > I'll be really sad when gtk2 is totally abolished in Gentoo. :(
4 > I suppose I'll have to break down and switch to KDE maybe.
5 >
6 > In my opinion the upstream gtk developers have gone somewhat bonkers
7 > with their cartoonish changes to the look, feel and generally
8 > un-intuitive user interface. The new file selector is irritating to use
9 > despite getting all the old behaviour settings I know of set, the lack
10 > of the ability to paste a path into it, forcing you to navigate
11 > directory by directory, and other BS behaviour...
12
13 What's wrong with Ctrl-L to open the "Enter location or URL" text
14 field and pasting the path there?
15
16 Regards.
17 --