From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Local USE defaults
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:22:14
1 On Thursday 18 August 2005 12:31 pm, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:08:51AM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Brian Harring wrote:
4 > > | Kind of curious about people's opinion on the IUSE default use flag
5 > > | thing, initial syntax was (using the above example)
6 > > | IUSE="+client server"
7 > > | with client defaulting to on unless the user's config disables it-
8 > > | note, strictly enabling from IUSE, no auto-negation.
9 > > | I forgot to add this, but it's a 10 line change if people still view
10 > > | it as worthwhile.
11
12 add it like yesterday !
13
14 > > Yes, very. Saves us from hacky local USE flag handling by naming them
15 > > no* or adding them to profiles.
16 >
17 > Which then raises the question of whether or not -* in a users USE
18 > should disable it.
19 > I say no, since -* is mainly for killing off auto-use crap and
20 > profiles.
21
22 doesnt matter to me one way or the other ... may be confusing to users though
23 who do `USE=-* emerge blah -pv` and see flags enabled
24 -mike
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list