From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 'mad' vs 'mp3' USE flags
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:39:18
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Friday 14 July 2006 06:03, Daniel Watkins wrote:
3 >> Is there a rationale behind this decision?
4 > On some systems libmad does not work and has to be masked, if I called it mp3,
5 > it couldn't be use.masked or all the mp3 supports, even when not provided by
6 > libmad, would have been removed.
7 >
8 > Per-package use.mask is not here for another year and in the mean time I
9 > needed a working solution, this is it.
10
11 In the specific case of xine-lib, the mad USE flag can simply be replaced with
12 mp3 because mips, which is the only arch that has the mad USE flag in use.mask,
13 doesn't have any version keyworded. Of course that doesn't fix the general
14 problem, but at least it would save time for a lot of users...
17 Kind Regards,
18
19 Simon Stelling
20 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer