From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 'mad' vs 'mp3' USE flags
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:00:21
1 On Friday 14 July 2006 20:24, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > In the specific case of xine-lib, the mad USE flag can simply be replaced
3 > with mp3 because mips, which is the only arch that has the mad USE flag in
4 > use.mask, doesn't have any version keyworded.
5 If I revert the change, mips won't be able to re-keyword xine-lib anytime
6 soon. And I try to make sure that everything I maintain can be used as widely
7 as possible. It would be even worse if I now change to mp3, and then mips ask
8 to keyword and I have to change it back to mad.
11 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
12 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE