From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Uncoordinated changes
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:58:20
1 On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 02/14/2016 02:16 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> So what do you guys think of leaving behind empty stubs for compatibility
5 >>> and then simply filing a tracking bug blocked by any packages that removing
6 >>> herds broke?
7 >> It isn't entirely clear that anything is actually broken at the
8 >> moment, but if distributing an empty herds.xml file makes somebody's
9 >> life easier I have no objections. I don't think it would have
10 >> alleviated Patrick's original concerns in this case.
11 >>
12 > Nope :)
13 >
14 > But it would have made debugging easier.
17 Well, if debugging is your only concern, on the system you're going to
18 debug from:
19 touch herds.xml
22 Rich