From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Uncoordinated changes
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:31:57
1 On 02/14/2016 02:16 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> So what do you guys think of leaving behind empty stubs for compatibility
4 >> and then simply filing a tracking bug blocked by any packages that removing
5 >> herds broke?
6 > It isn't entirely clear that anything is actually broken at the
7 > moment, but if distributing an empty herds.xml file makes somebody's
8 > life easier I have no objections. I don't think it would have
9 > alleviated Patrick's original concerns in this case.
10 >
11 Nope :)
12
13 But it would have made debugging easier.