From: Mikael Hallendal <micke@×××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Another Feedback Suggestion
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:29:05
1 Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > This is unrelated to my previous post with a similar subject.
6 >
7 > How about letting users register packages for which they want ebuilds
8 > written in a list on the gentoo site, so that developers and the users
9 > who write ebuilds themselves can see what's most requested and work on
10 > it? After all we're not such a very large developer group and it might
11 > well happen that a package which none of us uses is very important to
12 > mnay other people.
13
14 This sounds like a great idea. The could be a feature in wiki, people
15 (anyone) can add a request for an ebuild, he can also set which team
16 it probably should belong to. It will then appear as an todo in that
17 team. If no team is set or the wrong team is set, any developer can
18 then sort them into the correct team.
19
20 The fealing I'm getting here is that wiki is starting to be more and
21 more like bugzilla and soon we have reinvented the wheel fully :)
22
23 Regards,
24 Mikael Hallendal
27 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
28 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
29 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918