From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Another Feedback Suggestion
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:49:58
1 On Monday 30 July 2001 20:27, you wrote:
2 > Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> writes:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > This is unrelated to my previous post with a similar subject.
6 > >
7 > > How about letting users register packages for which they want ebuilds
8 > > written in a list on the gentoo site, so that developers and the users
9 > > who write ebuilds themselves can see what's most requested and work on
10 > > it? After all we're not such a very large developer group and it might
11 > > well happen that a package which none of us uses is very important to
12 > > mnay other people.
13 >
14 > This sounds like a great idea. The could be a feature in wiki, people
15 > (anyone) can add a request for an ebuild, he can also set which team
16 > it probably should belong to. It will then appear as an todo in that
17 > team. If no team is set or the wrong team is set, any developer can
18 > then sort them into the correct team.
19 >
20 > The fealing I'm getting here is that wiki is starting to be more and
21 > more like bugzilla and soon we have reinvented the wheel fully :)
22
23 Well, as long as we enjoy doing so! You could make user-posted todos a new
24 priority, either the lowest or a "special" proiority, and developers could
25 grab the todo or assign it to a std. priority/team/branch.
26
27 Thread?
31 Dan Armak
32 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team