From: Masatomo Nakano <nakano@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion to stop using 'cjk' USE flag.
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:33:10
1 > 2. If it is only chinese, japanese and korean, maybe we should just use
2 > zh, ja, kr as the USE flags. We have /usr/portage/use.desc to give it
3 > the right description. Is there a reason to have the "lang_" prefix in
4 > the USE flag?
5
6 I think the prefix is good visibility for developers/users.
7 And it is good for the use.desc file, which is ordered in alphabetical
8 order.
9
10 > My vote would be to _keep_ the "cjk" flag for instances where a patch or
11 > particular configure option would benefit all double-byte character
12 > users and then add the "zh", "ja" and "kr" USE flags as additional ones
13 > where a particular patch/configure option is specific to only one
14 > locale.
15
16 I agree with this idea.
17