From: Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [2&3]/3 API & files
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 22:12:41
1 On 16.06.2013 21:44, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > […]
3 >>> - How can we better encourage these to move to an API site?
4 >> Not sure what you mean with that.
5 > It needs to be really easy for any developer to throw up a new data
6 > source w/ scripts onto the API site.
7 >
8 > Even qa-reports is somewhat stalled, and doesn't have good visibility,
9 > because it's not that easy for any dev to add something new to it.
12 Currently, it's files in CVS, soon to be files in a Git. That's at least
13 the same reachability as before. I think solving this problem is a
14 separate task.
15
16 >Image resources:
17 >>>> These can be uploaded to the Wiki.
18 >>> How can we ensure later that the media files don't get deleted?
19 >> Deletion is restricted to administrators, mediawiki also keeps old
20 >> versions around in case someone reuploads a file.
21 >> To prevent even that, we can restrict editing certain assets to developers.
22 > See my other comment about git-mediawiki maybe, that would satisfy my
23 > needs, just having old versions of the images around as needed (not
24 > admin-deletable).
25
26 Um, got a link for that extension?
27 I didn't clarify, the Wiki can be configured to keep a revision even if
28 someone deletes a file.
31 >>>> Other files and downloads:
32 >>>> Until proper project file hosting is implemented, again a simple
33 >>>> git-backed static site, possibly projects.gentoo.org.
34 >>> Please don't put lots of binary files in Git.
35 >>>
36 >> How do we expose that site to developers then? Akin to the mirroring
37 >> system on d.g.o?
38 > I need to dust off the project hosting proposal, because there are a lot
39 > of files that need to move to it (like all the elections & PR
40 > materials).
43 …or that.
46 Alex Legler <a3li@g.o>
47 Gentoo Security/Ruby/Infrastructure