From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:41:14
1 Il giorno sab, 22/01/2011 alle 10.20 -0600, William Hubbs ha scritto:
2 > What is your feeling about projects that use tags in their source
3 > repositories and have a way to build the tarball directly from the
4 > repository?
5
6 I have written that already: can you provide a SHA512 identity of the
7 file? "The same tarball" is not really sufficient.
8
9 In general, though, for Gentoo-produced distfiles the archive _will_
10 have to host the files, even if Git provides an "easy" way to deal with
11 that.
12
13 > What about things hosted on github? I am upstream for some code hosted
14 > there and they prefer that you do not upload source tarballs, but use
15 > tags in your repository which will automatically be propegated to your
16 > downloads page.
17
18 GitHub _used_ to be broken and provide non-stable downloads, but they
19 have since fixed that and the download of a tag will always have the
20 same SHA512 digest, so it's just fine.
23 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
24 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/