From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Use of "nomirror" flag
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:42:06
1 On Monday 01 November 2004 17:43, Corey Shields wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > >Perhaps it would be an option to publicise that script so that people
4 > > can adapt it for local use (where it doesn't honour the nomirror
5 > > restriction, and writes a warning for all fetch restricted downloads)
6 > >
7 > >Paul
8 >
9 > That may work in some cases, and I have thought of doing that.. but in
10 > this particular case, that same mirror serves downstream Gentoo
11 > mirrors, which would make an inconsistency in the mirror network if we
12 > had extra packages being passed down.
13
14 I didn't mean that we would actually have our own script download files
15 with a mirror restriction, but that it is probably not so hard for local
16 mirror maintainers to change that in the script.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Gentoo Developer