From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Use of "nomirror" flag
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:44:00
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2
3 >Perhaps it would be an option to publicise that script so that people can
4 >adapt it for local use (where it doesn't honour the nomirror restriction, and
5 >writes a warning for all fetch restricted downloads)
6 >
7 >Paul
11 That may work in some cases, and I have thought of doing that.. but in
12 this particular case, that same mirror serves downstream Gentoo mirrors,
13 which would make an inconsistency in the mirror network if we had extra
14 packages being passed down.
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 -C
21 Corey Shields
22 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
23 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
24 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list