From: Scott Hadfield <hadfield@g.o>
To: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] script repository
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:43:37
1 Hi Patrick,
2 Actually Ian (port001) and I have been working on a web based script
3 repository that will allow users to submit scripts, comment on others'
4 scripts, rank scripts, and a lot of other functionality that goes above
5 and beyond the original glep specification.
6
7 If you notice the latest status update in the glep it says that the
8 first [real] alpha release (this would be for developer usage/testing
9 only) will be out around the end of November or so. I've been quite busy
10 lately and Ian's been without much of an internet connection so that
11 might be pushed back a bit.
12
13 The sources are in gentoo/src/glsr/src if you want to take a look, but
14 it's currently broken. Our next [extremely] alpha release will probably
15 be next Monday (it won't really be usable, just a marker mostly).
16
17 As for all of the scripts you've found, it probably couldn't hurt to put
18 them at http://gentooexperimental.org/scripts/ for the time being, and
19 then adding them to the official script repository when it's up and
20 running. That's up to you though.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Scott