From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: CONFIG_CHECK_FATAL, making CONFIG_CHECKS fatal by default
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 18:09:37
1 On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > That said, presumably udisks would choose not to make its check fatal,
3 > altho changing the default to fatal could complicate things for existing
4 > ebuilds until they're fixed.
5
6 That was basically my whole point - it can't be one-size-fits-all.
7 Honestly, based on some of the other feedback I'm not convinced it
8 should ever be fatal. Perhaps it should be more or less noisy.
9
10 Keep in mind that a typical user may be running parallel builds and
11 such - so a delay doesn't really make much sense there either. There
12 should also be some way to kill any interactivity in advance - if I'm
13 running a bootstrap script of some kind and I'm installing/updating
14 udev before I even compile a kernel that shouldn't cause the whole
15 process to die.