From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dragonheart@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles/default-linux/alpha: ChangeLog use.mask
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:18:45
1 Hi,
2
3 Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>:
4
5 > On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:51:59 am Christian Faulhammer wrote:
6 > > Hi,
7 > >
8 > > "Daniel Black (dragonheart)" <dragonheart@g.o>:
9 > > > + 01 Apr 2008; Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o> use.mask:
10 > > > + mask ssh2 as net-libs/libssh2 does not have keywords yet
11 > >
12 > > How likely is it that libssh2 is anytime soon keyworded for all
13 > > these arches?
14 >
15 > Not sure - I'll do a bug report and see what happens.
16
17 Hmmm, ok.
18
19 > > Up to now only amd64/x86 exist, so I propose masking
20 > > USE=libssh2 in base and unmask in amd64 and x86 profiles.
21 >
22 > I've hopefully covered the other bases already (despite how
23 > potentially lengthy it was).
24
25 Hmm, profiles/base/ is the base for everything else. They inherit it,
26 so masking it there, masks it for every architecture out there. Then
27 unmasking it in the supported/keyworded enables the USE flag there.
28
29 V-Li
32 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
33 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
34
35 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>