From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Fosdem stand
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:17:52
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I got the confirmation of the availability of a gentoo stand at the
4 Fosdem conference (http://www.fosdem.org). Of course I will be there,
5 together with Verwilst, and 2 other guys (whose irc nicks I seems to
6 have forgotten) that are members of the LugWV. Hallski has expressed his
7 interest to attend too. I will bring my portable computer with the most
8 up-to-date gentoo installed and another P200 machine that will be setup
9 of as an ibiblio mirror. The latter machine will also contain a 12x
10 cd-writer to create gentoo build cd's on-demand at the conference. I
11 will buy a few Maxell CDR spindles for that purpose.
12 The guys from LugWV are also planning to bring a few computers.
13
14 It would be nice to prepare a pre-binary install cd that we could use to
15 install gentoo on people's machines without having to wait for the
16 entire 'bootstrapping' and 'emerge system' to finish. (Drobbins ????)
17 If no 'official' binary cd will be available, I'll just create all
18 binary packages for a complete emerge system with no architecture
19 optimizations whatshowever during the compilation.
20
21 I've also inquired about the prices and possibilities for colour A3+
22 posters and they will definately be available since the cost is really
23 not that considerable. Besides that I'd like to create a number of
24 'gentoo trading cards' with the fontheads of the site on it and some
25 funny catch phrases. I like this since it's quite original as approach
26 and might be funny to hand out. Anyone willing to contribute to this,
27 please feel free. We already had an initial discussion about it on IRC
28 and I put an edited log of it at http://www.theleaf.be/fosdem.txt
29
30 The guys from LugWV have also inquired about T-Shirt and are contacting
31 Drobbins about it.
32
33 That's it for the moment, please spew out any wild ideas or comments
34 about this promotional event ! Anyone willing to also help out at the
35 stand, confirm it through this mailinglist.
36
37 Best regards,
38
39 Geert
42 Geert Bevin
43 the Leaf sprl/bvba
44 "Use what you need" Pierre Theunisstraat 1/47
45 http://www.theleaf.be 1030 Brussels
46 gbevin@×××××××.be Tel & Fax +32 2 241 19 98