From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making USE=upnp a global flag
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:56:35
1 On 18/09/2012 16:50, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
2 > Let me just say that as a user, concerning this technology aggregate, I
3 > really don't care, it has to "just work" :). Now if you gather enough
4 > momentum to split this flag and make other people on this list agree
5 > with you, I'll be just fine with it :)
6
7 I'd be positive to splitting them. Especially because for instance in an
8 office you might care about port forwarding but won't care about DLNA.
9
10 Speaking of which, renaming (where applicable) upnp to dlna might be
11 more user friendly since usually you have the feature _advertised_ as
12 DLNA, not as UPnP!
15 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
16 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/