From: Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, stuart@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:59:16
1 On Wednesday 21 July 2004 13:39, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 20 July 2004 14:14, Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 > > So, with that said, thoughts, comments and other ideas are welcome.
4 >
5 > I think we'll end up moving the ChangeLogs over to an XML format as part of
6 > this work. This will make it easier to write tools that can filter updates
7 > based on security alerts and bug fixes.
8 >
9 > Just imagine being able to do:
10 >
11 > emerge --show-summaries -u world
12 >
13 > and being able to get a list of bugs and security problems fixed by the
14 > prospective upgrades, with links to the relevant entries in Bugzilla.
15
16 No need for imagination here.... you can do much of that today with:
17
18 emerge --changelog -p -u world
19
20 That sniffs the current Changelog file, and occasionally picks up information
21 about more revisions than it really should. An easily parsed format for
22 changelogs containing extra change metadata would definitely be nice.
25 Toby Dickenson
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list