From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item review: SquashDelta syncing support
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 00:45:26
1 On 05/16/2015 06:00 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Do we need a news item for this at all? Everything is backward
4 >> compatible and most people don't need to do anything at all in response
5 >> to the news.
6 >
7 > No, we don't. But news items are good way to tell people that something
8 > is happening. Look at Funtoo. Their users are happy because developers
9 > announce stuff rather than expecting them to watch for random things
10 > happening.
13 Ok, just keep in mind that you force thousands of people to type
14 `eselect news read new` on all of their machines when you post a feature
15 announcement.