From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer stabilizations
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 18:12:52
1 On 01/08/2015 12:57 PM, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
2 >
3 > 08.01.2015 20:15, Michael Orlitzky пишет:
4 >> I vaguely remember a discussion about maintainers stabilizing their own
5 >> packages -- maybe just on x86 and amd64 -- to take the load off of the
6 >> arch teams.
7 >>
8 >> Did that really happen or am I making it up? Is it written down anywhere?
11 > amd64/x86 are major arches. They can be stabilized if package maintainer
12 > has appropriate hardware. Even without arch teams membership.
15 What's a major arch? The devmanual still says[0],
16
17 Moving a package from ~arch to arch is done only by the relevant arch
18 teams.
19
20 According to [1] that section is no longer correct, but only x86 and
21 amd64 are exceptions to the rule that used to be exceptions but then
22 weren't anymore.
23
24 I'm going to write a devmanual patch but don't want to sound like a lunatic.
27 [0] http://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html
28 [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/89711