From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Facilitating user contributed ebuilds (Was: [gentoo-dev] The future of the Sunrise project)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:30:57
1 On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 00:21:45 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > Am Montag, 13. Juni 2016, 09:50:15 schrieb Alexander Berntsen:
4 > > > I still think you're underestimating the need for centralization.
5 > > > What you call a "core/base" package is probably going to end up
6 > > > being anything listed in a dependency. That is a LOT of packages,
7 > > > actually - we're not just talking about libc and zlib.
8 > >
9 > > It's not a lot compared to how many we have today.
10 >
11 > Please do me a favor and emerge @system on a fresh stage
12 > installation, with USE=kde ...
13 >
14 > ... So,
15 >
16 > * does KDE go into the curated repos? or
17 > * will the useflag functionality be discontinued?
18
19 * Your package mangler tells you you need some packages which can
20 be found in the ::kde repository if you have that flag enabled, and
21 suggests you either install repository/kde or disable that USE flag so
22 that it can continue.
25 Ciaran McCreesh