From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Questions about SystemD and OpenRC
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:45:04
1 Rich Freeman schrieb:
2 > So, I could see how many linux users might think that interpreting a
3 > complex root= parameter is a kernel function, when it is really just
4 > the fact that they use an initramfs.
5 >
6 > If somebody is running with root=LABEL=foo or something like that
7 > without an initramfs I'll happily stand corrected.
8
9 If your disk is GPT partitioned, then you can use root=PARTUUID=...
10 without initramfs.
11 Note that PARTUUID is the partition UUID, not the filesystem UUID.
14 Best regards,
15 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn