From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] JRE support - is it worth it?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:51:00
1 Actually, I would have to say that most users would have no direct
2 benefit from jdk, and even less have tomcat installed. I am also sick
3 of downloading huge jdk packages over a modem!
4
5 I cannot see any advantage in compiling against a binary jdk than
6 accepting the equivalent binary JRE in most cases.
7
8 Perhaps a JDK/JRE use flag?
9
10 BillK