From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Place of EAPI variable in ebuild
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:10:56
1 On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:01:41 +0200
2 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3 > If we go with this solution then I guess eclasses must check for the
4 > EAPI variable and then act accordingly. For example if the ebuild sets
5 > EAPI=2 and the eclass is designed for EAPI=1 then it could be made to
6 > die in case EAPI 2 is not backwards compatible. The main reason for me
7 > asking this it that I plan to make the java eclasses use the EAPI 1
8 > features.
9
10 Neither EAPI 0 nor EAPI 1 provide any mechanism for an ebuild to 'die'
11 at global scope. There's simply no way for eclasses to complain that
12 they're being misused.
15 Ciaran McCreesh