From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] multiple dependencies with installing packages from the CD
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 21:07:24
1 On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 01:06:34AM -0000, Sean Cull wrote:
2 > Oh, I see. I wasn't aware that there were identical packages in different
3 > directories. Thanks for explaining that =)
4 >
5 > What about with those of us running pre2, and upgrading to pre4 when it is
6 > released? How is that going to work? Or will we have to do a fresh install
7 > of the new version?
8 >
9 > Cheers,
10 > Sean
11
12 It should be fairly straightforward to upgrade, but may be easier for some
13 just to reinstall, since a lot will have changed.
14
15 Best Regards,
18 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
19 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org