From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-p2p/deluge needs a maintainer
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 12:09:33
1 On 31 March 2013 12:23, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> net-p2p/deluge has open bugs for years[1] and I don't see anybody from
6 >> the net-p2p herd
7 >> to actually maintain it. It would be nice to find a new dedicated
8 >> maintainer for it. If a user is interested in helping us maintain it,
9 >> please contact proxy-maint_at_gentoo_dot_org[2].
10 >
11 > I'll potentially grab this one, though proxy maintainers are still
12 > welcome (especially if you run it under openrc and would like to fix
13 > some of the init.d bugs, as I do not due to its tendency to crash).
14 >
15 > Thanks for calling for help prior to treecleaning...
16 >
17 > Rich
20 If a user wants to help, proxy-maintainers will also join you. I don't
21 want to treeclean this package as it
22 seems to have a large user base so there are chances for people to
23 step up and maintain it.
26 Regards,
27 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
28 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang