From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:25:25
1 On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 07:08 -0400, Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > Perhaps they wanted to make sure it remained a 3-package issue, and
3 > thought that it might grow before it could be addressed?
4
5 Exactly.
6
7 I agree with the rest of what you've said, also. Being on the Council
8 is a thankless job where we try our best to do what's best for Gentoo as
9 a whole. This means that we *will* end up making some decision at some
10 time that you might not agree with. This *is* going to happen. Hell,
11 there have been Council decisions made that *I* don't agree with, but
12 you don't see me running around acting like the Council is doing
13 something wrong when they're doing their job. Honestly, all this has
14 done is made me not want to make any decisions, which will turn us into
15 the previous leadership, which I don't blame for the inaction from their
16 group, as that was all they were given.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
22 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
23 Gentoo Foundation