From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Idea for change of emerge -up output
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:39:51
1 On Friday 03 September 2004 01:50 pm, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > On Friday 03 September 2004 5:46 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > inject is being removed in favor of package.provided (or some file
4 > > similarly named) in /etc/portage/ so yes, i think we can ignore this
5 > > objection -mike
6 >
7 > inject is being removed entirely or just the current implementation? For
8 > compatibility's sake, I'd hope that 'emerge inject' would at least append
9 > the file to give the same effect...
10
11 afaik the plans are to remove it starting with .52 ... .51 just warns that
12 it's going away ...
13 good idea though about just having inject append to the file ... can a portage
14 dev weigh in on this ?
15 -mike
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list