From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Idea for change of emerge -up output
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 17:50:34
1 On Friday 03 September 2004 5:46 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 03 September 2004 10:55 am, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > Well, inject should never be used as a matter of course, so I don't
4 > > think this is a reasonable objection really...
5 >
6 > inject is being removed in favor of package.provided (or some file
7 > similarly named) in /etc/portage/ so yes, i think we can ignore this
8 > objection -mike
9
10 inject is being removed entirely or just the current implementation? For
11 compatibility's sake, I'd hope that 'emerge inject' would at least append the
12 file to give the same effect...
13 --
14 Luke-Jr
15 Developer, Utopios