From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>, gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Idea for change of emerge -up output
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:18:24
1 Can you describe how changing the inject function will improve portage
2 use - seems a real step backward from a user point of view. For an
3 example of the problems this type of change causes check out the many
4 posts on package.keywords - complicated matters for users. As well I
5 have two systems that work fine, and one that ignores anything in
6 package.mask!
7
8 Are we going down the path of complicating gentoo and reaping mandrake
9 like rewards (an overcomplicated, fragile management system for the
10 distro) by doing so?
11
12 BillK