From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: billk@×××××××××.au, gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Idea for change of emerge -up output
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:55:40
1 The current plans are to remove 'inject' altogether... Changing it to continue
2 to have the same (or at least similar) effect is better than that.
3
4 On Saturday 04 September 2004 12:18 am, William Kenworthy wrote:
5 > Can you describe how changing the inject function will improve portage
6 > use - seems a real step backward from a user point of view. For an
7 > example of the problems this type of change causes check out the many
8 > posts on package.keywords - complicated matters for users. As well I
9 > have two systems that work fine, and one that ignores anything in
10 > package.mask!
11 >
12 > Are we going down the path of complicating gentoo and reaping mandrake
13 > like rewards (an overcomplicated, fragile management system for the
14 > distro) by doing so?
15 >
16 > BillK
17 >