From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conversion of Emacs virtual packages
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:10:10
1 >>>>> On Tue, 15 May 2007, Petteri Räty wrote:
2
3 >> I could not find any official guidelines for keywording of virtual
4 >> packages.
5
6 > They are keyworded as any other packages. You can't make them stable
7 > if they have ~arch only dependencies. When one provider is stable,
8 > they are fine to go stable.
9
10 Yes, I think this part is clear.
11
12 The point of my question was more if the usual rules apply, i.e.:
13 keywording and stabilising only by arch teams; wait one month before
14 the package can go stable. Which seems not to be current practice for
15 virtual packages. (And makes no sense anyway, IMHO.)
16
17 Ulrich
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list