From: tadpol@××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] updated all ebulids in gnome-* and a couple mores
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:15:45
1 On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 09:41:31PM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 09:41:04PM -0500, AJ Lewis wrote:
3 >
4 > > Suggestion: make a new USE variable called 'pmake' or something, and check
5 > > it in these ebuild files. If it's not defined, use regular make. Some
6 > > people might not have pmake installed, or they may not want to use it. If
7 > > you absolutely cannot bring yourself to do that, at least put pmake in
8 > > the DEPENDS line, please!
9 >
10 > pmake is not a program; it is a one-line script that calls GNU make with
11 > special options that enable parallel building. :)
12
13 actually, it is a program. Atleast three of them.
14
15 PMAKE - A Parallel MPI Version of GNU Make.
16 http://www.llnl.gov/sccd/lc/DEG/pmake/pmake.html
17
18 The parallel make(1) program from the Sprite project
19 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/devel/pmake/pkg-descr
20
21 pmake - a perl 'make' replacement
22 http://www.engelschall.com/ar/perldoc/pages/util/pmake.html
23
24 diffenently more.
25 http://www.google.com/search?q=pmake&sourceid=opera&num=50
28 bit of digging, I see that it is part of portage. Hmmm. Maybe it needs to
29 be added to the man pages?
32 Hmmm. this probably is coming off much harsher than I intened. I don't
33 mean it to be. I'm sleepy. I shouldn't be online anymore.... I posted this
34 anyways.
37 Michael Tilstra tadpol@××××××.org
38 Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.