From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: patrick@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Policy for migrating library consumers to subslots
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 07:53:09
1 Dnia 2013-09-26, o godz. 15:15:38
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > Thus I suggest declaring a policy:
5 >
6 > ""
7 > Any library bump that would trigger revdep-rebuild should be done with
8 > the affected library package.mask'ed until all its consumers have been
9 > properly bumped to subslot-aware versions.
10 > ""
11 >
12 > (The unmasking of the library then triggers a "migration" to happy
13 > portage updates that don't need human supervision)
14
15 How do we handle packages which install multiple libraries? I'm afraid
16 forcing such a policy and/or hurrying developers to adapt will only
17 cause more of poppler-like issues to occur.
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny