From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XFCE needs help with maintaince of xfce-extra/ (at least temporary)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:48:49
1 On 14/11/12 12:36, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > It also means that if I had strong interest in XFCE then I would work
3 > on getting patches from other distribution upstream, so that Gentoo
4 > did not need to have any patches at all.
5
6 I also want to clarify that *everything* we have for XFCE in gentoo-x86
7 now *are submitted to the Xfce bugzilla* and often improved by
8 collective of distribution maintainers (Gentoo, Debian, Fedora, NetBSD,
9 ...) for doing things right
10
11 Futhermore this has been the status quo of Xfce plugins since 4.2.x
12 times, for years, so it's not I'm suggesting anything new or crazy
13
14 - Samuli