From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XFCE needs help with maintaince of xfce-extra/ (at least temporary)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:37:39
1 Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > I'm just afraid our XFCE port gets lagged behind because of this as
3 > compared to other distros ...
4
5 I am, as you know, a strong proponent of doing things right, rather
6 than doing them fast.
7
8 In this case that means that it is not the end of the world if Gentoo
9 ebuilds do not have every single patch found in other distributions.
10
11 It also means that if I had strong interest in XFCE then I would work
12 on getting patches from other distribution upstream, so that Gentoo
13 did not need to have any patches at all.
16 //Peter