From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 41: Making Arch Testers official Gentoo Staff
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:03:08
1 Homer Parker wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 16:30 -0400, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
3 >
4 >>I guess what I'm *really* asking is
5 >>whether this GLEP is necessary?
8 > There are those that want to help, and so become an AT. The project has
9 > worked well for amd64 and ppc, so we are proposing the GLEP to get the
10 > ATs recognized as an official part of the team. As I said in my other
11 > post, we have several ATs that don't want to become devs, time
12 > constraints, etc, keep them from making that commitment.
13
14 If they don't want to become devs, then why give them more privileges
15 than some devs get even?
16
17 -Steve
18 --