From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dealing with GitHub Pull Requests the easy way
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 18:33:06
1 On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 09:19:36AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> The last draft DCO was:
5 >> Gentoo DCO 1.0 By making a contribution to this project, I certify
6 >> that: (a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
7 >> have the right to submit it under the open source license indicated in
8 >> the file; or (b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to
9 >> the best of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
10 >> license and I have the right under that license to submit that work
11 >> with modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under
12 >> the same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a
13 >> different license), as indicated in the file; or (c) The contribution
14 >> was provided directly to me by some other person who certified (a),
15 >> (b) or (c) and I have not modified it. (d) I understand and agree that
16 >> this project and the contribution are public and that a record of the
17 >> contribution (including all personal information I submit with it,
18 >> including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may be
19 >> redistributed consistent with this project or the open source
20 >> license(s) involved.
21 >>
22 >> This is from the last policy draft:
23 >> https://dev.gentoo.org/~rich0/copyrightpolicy.xml
24 >
25 > Why redraft the already-useful DCO that is out there for you to use
26 > as-is:
27 > http://developercertificate.org/
28
29 To be honest I don't remember. The last time I touched it was years
30 ago and maybe there was a reason to fork it at the time, but I can't
31 see a reason for it now.
34 > As you copied the text, be sure to give proper reference to who owns the
35 > copyright of that text please, you just can't rename it and claim it as
36 > your own :)
39 Makes sense. I'd suggest copying it into the policy and attributing
40 it vs just incorporating it by reference, since the original might go
41 away (though we've already demonstrated that our own guidexml has not
42 lasted as long as that hosted text file).
45 Rich