From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Per package use flags?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:04:06
1 On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:58:55 +0800
2 Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > 2. Proposed solution:
5 >
6 > A file /etc/portage/custom.use <snip>
7
8 Another approach would be to recall the difference between system USE
9 value and actual USE value when you emerge something. Assume your
10 system settings (default + make.conf) is USE="a b c", and you do a:
11 # USE="+d -b" emerge foo/bar
12 Instead of only recording "a c d" in /var/db/pkg/foo/bar-x.x/USE, we
13 would also write "+d -b" in /var/db/pkg/foo/bar-x.x/USE_DELTA, and then,
14 when foo/bar has to be updated, this USE_DELTA would be added to the
15 default USE flag lists. This way there would be no need to edit any file
16 before emerging. A command line option for emerge to forget the
17 USE_DELTA would also probably be needed, so that:
18 # USE="+e" emerge -u foo/bar
19 would modify the USE_DELTA to "+d -b +e", whereas:
20 # USE="+e" emerge -u --reset-use-delta foo/bar
21 would set it to "+e" only.
22
23 I think I've already seen this proposition (or something very close)
24 on a bug report, but I've not found it again.
27 TGL, also talking without coding.
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list