From: Marcus A Martin <shalidor@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo installation problems
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:47:23
1 7/11/2001 11:01:34 AM, Marcus Martin <shalidor@××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > : I am attempting to use a dhcp net configuration. The inet.dhcp_eth0
4 > : script uses dhclient, but this file is not in the /sbin directory. Or
5 > : anywhere else on the CD I burned. I have tried to use the dhcpcd instead,
6 > : but am unable to get this to work either. Can someone tell me what I am
7 > : doing wrong? I know that I do not have to provide a hostname.
8 >
9 > What happens if you run "dhcpcd eth0" by hand?
10 >
11 > --Jerry
12
13 I used the CD on another machine at work, and it works just fine. Can you tell me how to turn the logging on for the
14 dhcpcd? This way I can try and get a better handle on where the failure occurs and ask more informed questions.
15
16 Was there supposed to be a dhclient file in the /sbin directory, or was it removed and the OFF_inet.dhcp_eth0 file was
17 not updated??
18
19 Marcus