From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP XX: Fix the GLEP process
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:14:16
1 On Tuesday 13 December 2005 11:58, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:39:49 +0900 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | > So... If, hypothetically speaking, someone were to write a GLEP
6 > | > saying "move developer documentation into the QA group, restructure
7 > | > said documentation to this new format etc etc", and the QA group
8 > | > were in favour, and the developer community in general were in
9 > | > favour, and the council were in favour, and the people proposed by
10 > | > the GLEP to manage the new documentation were in favour, but the
11 > | > existing owners of the developer documentation were not, you're
12 > | > saying that it shouldn't be approved?
13 > |
14 > | Yes.
15 >
16 > Unworkable. Your proposal would allow a small group of obstinate
17 > developers to hold back progress. The problem here is that the council
18 > isn't acting as a decent last line of quality control when the GLEP
19 > authors fail to do their jobs properly. Your GLEP is trying to solve
20 > the wrong thing...
21
22 Wrong. I'll expand on the "Yes" now that I've got a few minutes... Actually,
23 I'll turn that into a "No". I misread "the people proposed by the GLEP to
24 manage the new documentation" in my rush to leave for work this morning. The
25 existing owners don't matter to the GLEP. They can continue to maintain the
26 existing documentation if they wish. If you didn't have new people to
27 maintain the new documentation however...
30 Jason Stubbs
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list