From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] news item for udev 197-r3 upgrade (yes, I know, it's late)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:52:39
1 On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > fstab is not consulted for mounting the root filesystem, so it doesn't
3 > really matter what you have in there. Either the kernel mounts it
4 > based on the kernel command line, or your initramfs mounts it based on
5 > whatever your /init programs does.
6
7 Keep in mind that for some implementations "whatever your /init
8 programs does" includes checking fstab. When I switched to dracut I
9 discovered this when the system would not boot - my fstab had the
10 wrong filesystem type for the root (it dated back to the ext2 days)...
11
12 Rich