From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] news item for udev 197-r3 upgrade (yes, I know, it's late)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:42:42
1 On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Felix Kuperjans
2 <felix@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Samuli Suominen wrote:
4 >> please review this news item, seems we need one after all
5 >
6 > Hello Samuli,
7 >
8 > /dev/root is no longer available in this udev version, so people who put
9 > this in their /etc/fstab might end up with an unbootable system.
10 >
11 > I suggest including in the news item, that /dev/root must be replaced
12 > with the actual root device or LABEL=..., UUID=... and the like in
13 > /etc/fstab.
16 fstab is not consulted for mounting the root filesystem, so it doesn't
17 really matter what you have in there. Either the kernel mounts it
18 based on the kernel command line, or your initramfs mounts it based on
19 whatever your /init programs does.