From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making the firefox USE flag a global one
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:15:15
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I just noticed that the USE flag 'firefox' is a local one. I think it should be
5 > global, though:
6 >
7 > $ grep :firefox use.local.desc
8 > app-office/openoffice:firefox - Add Firefox support
9 > dev-haskell/gtk2hs:firefox - Build the Mozilla Embeded Component against firefox
10 > rather than mozilla
11 > dev-java/swt:firefox - Build the Mozilla Embeded Component against firefox
12 > rather than mozilla
13 > dev-python/gnome-python-extras:firefox - allow building against firefox libs
14 > dev-ruby/ruby-gtkmozembed:firefox - compile against Firefox instead of Mozilla
15 > dev-util/devhelp:firefox - Build against firefox rather than mozilla
16 > dev-util/eclipse-sdk:firefox - Build against firefox rather than mozilla
17 > gnome-extra/evolution-data-server:firefox - Use Firefox's NSS/NSPR libraries if
18 > SSL is enabled
19 > gnome-extra/yelp:firefox - Build against firefox instead of mozilla
20 > mail-client/evolution:firefox - Use Firefox's NSS/NSPR libraries if SSL is enabled
21 > media-video/totem:firefox - Build against Firefox instead of Seamonkey
22 > net-news/liferea:firefox - Build against Firefox instead of Mozilla
23 > net-www/mozplugger:firefox - Depend on firefox rather than seamonkey
24 > www-client/epiphany-extensions:firefox - build against firefox instead of mozilla
25 > www-client/epiphany:firefox - build against firefox instead of mozilla
26 > www-client/galeon:firefox - build against firefox instead of mozilla
27 > www-client/kazehakase-cvs:firefox - Use firefox's Gecko engine.
28 > www-client/kazehakase:firefox - Use firefox's Gecko engine.
29 >
30 > If nobody objects, I'd like to push that change through in two weeks.
31 >
32 Except these aren't doing the same thing.
33
34 "add firefox support"
35 "build against firefox instead of mozilla/seamonkey"
36 "use firefox's NSS/NSPR"
37 "use firefox's Gecko Engine"
40 sooo..which one is the global flag for? :)
41 --
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list