From: Geaaru <geaaru@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proxy maintainer process through github
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:45:32
1 Perfect.
2
3 Thanks for clarification.
4 G.
5
6 On Wed, 2017-10-18 at 12:36 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
7 > W dniu śro, 18.10.2017 o godzinie 11∶25 +0200, użytkownik Geaaru
8 > napisał:
9 > > Hi,
10 > >
11 > > some weeks ago I create pull request to github gentoo upstream
12 > > about
13 > > package dev-db/cpp-driver (https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/58
14 > > 51)
15 > > that currently maintains as proxy maintainer.
16 > >
17 > > When I create pull request I see that gentoo-repo-qa-bot assign to
18 > > me
19 > > request, so my question is:
20 > >
21 > > What is right process for a proxy maintainer to send new ebuilds ?
22 >
23 > It's right. Someone will eventually get to it. We have limited
24 > throughput, and we lack manpower.
25 >
26 > > Could be more appreciate create request directly to bugs.gentoo.org
27 > > ?
28 >
29 > New package requests at b.g.o usually don't get processed at all,
30 > unless
31 > a developer finds himself needing the package. In which case the bug
32 > is
33 > not needed at all.
34 >
35 > > On ml I see that there are open discussions about describe a more
36 > > precise workflow.
37 > > So, can anyone clarify me correct workflow ?
40 > It's correct. You can try pinging us on #gentoo-proxy-maint from time
41 > to time, if you think your PR won't require much time or it has been
42 > skipped accidentally.
43 >