From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proxy maintainer process through github
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:36:35
1 W dniu śro, 18.10.2017 o godzinie 11∶25 +0200, użytkownik Geaaru
2 napisał:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > some weeks ago I create pull request to github gentoo upstream about
6 > package dev-db/cpp-driver (https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/5851)
7 > that currently maintains as proxy maintainer.
8 >
9 > When I create pull request I see that gentoo-repo-qa-bot assign to me
10 > request, so my question is:
11 >
12 > What is right process for a proxy maintainer to send new ebuilds ?
13
14 It's right. Someone will eventually get to it. We have limited
15 throughput, and we lack manpower.
16
17 > Could be more appreciate create request directly to bugs.gentoo.org ?
18
19 New package requests at b.g.o usually don't get processed at all, unless
20 a developer finds himself needing the package. In which case the bug is
21 not needed at all.
22
23 > On ml I see that there are open discussions about describe a more
24 > precise workflow.
25 > So, can anyone clarify me correct workflow ?
28 It's correct. You can try pinging us on #gentoo-proxy-maint from time
29 to time, if you think your PR won't require much time or it has been
30 skipped accidentally.
33 Best regards,
34 Michał Górny